Are you like me - who's confused most of the time planning short trips out of Bangalore? Even if you are not, planning a weekend getaway can get difficult, whether you are going solo ir in a group. I recently decided to drive alone down to Chennai for a wedding; many questions popped in my head - "which route should I take and what is the shortest route, can i visit interesting places enrouteetc." This is not so different for even short trips.
How many times have you faced the problem of planning for a weekend trip and are left with too much or too little in choices. This is where I realized the importance of maps. As a starting point, I built out an interactive map of places to visit around Bangalore which can give you a handful of choices to good destinations that you can plan before you leave.
For the map below...
- Use the arrows to move up, down, left and right (or grab the screen and pull in any direction)
- Use the + and - to zoom in and out
- If you click on the markers (the small blue buttons), you can read a short description of the place and then click on the links to read a detailed guide
- The "Satellite" button shows you satellite images of the island (zoom in for more detail!)
- Lastly, "Terrain" gives a rendering of the terrain that covers the map
View Places to Visit Around Bangalore (weekend getaways) - Interactive map in a larger map
Return to Bangalore weekend getaways or
Go to Bangalore Travel Guide